Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Best pc case for gaming under $150 ?

Last response: in Components
Share
July 12, 2009 11:20:28 PM

I'm looking for a case for my gaming rig, I want it to meet a few requirements:

Full Tower
Find it on newegg, amazon, or tigerdirect.
All fans should be 120 mm + or bigger
Should be able to fit large video cards with no issue



I would perfer:
PSU mounted at the bottom
a unit that doesnt have a door on the front


:D  thanks in advance

More about : case gaming 150

Related resources
July 13, 2009 1:24:58 PM

i have this case, HAF 932, I think I cant leave without it :)  u can find fans as big as 200mm, but on the HAF u can put 4x120mm on the side, 3x120mm on top and 1x120mm on front. u wont find a better performing case than this, sometimes it has lover temps than an open stand :) 
July 13, 2009 2:57:48 PM

+3 for the Coolermaster HAF, greatest case EVER!

Don't worry about replacing the fans, they're CHEAP! $11 for a 230mm fan? yep! Or Coolermaster thought things out on this one, if you can no longer find 230mm fans then you can replace them with a bunch of 120mm ones.
,
For other CM HAF owners get your replacement parts here, http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/index.php?cPath=18_...
July 13, 2009 3:38:39 PM

CM STORM SCOUT FTW :D 
July 14, 2009 8:55:46 PM

volks1470 said:
+3 for the Coolermaster HAF, greatest case EVER!

Don't worry about replacing the fans, they're CHEAP! $11 for a 230mm fan? yep! Or Coolermaster thought things out on this one, if you can no longer find 230mm fans then you can replace them with a bunch of 120mm ones.
,
For other CM HAF owners get your replacement parts here, http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/index.php?cPath=18_...




thanks for the link, that's pretty sweet.

i cant wait to buy this case, i've seen videos on youtube and the cable management + airflow looks extraordinary .
July 15, 2009 5:17:55 AM

Good thing you posted that pic, because it reminded me of something you all should do if you have this case.

Here's a picture when I was putting mine together, it shows how awesome the cable management is but look at how the power supply mount is. Lot's more air flow for a downward facing PSU.



And of course I have to whore it out a bit...

July 15, 2009 6:01:04 AM

mastervodo said:
Here is my HAF - It's not quite completed, but it's close.

http://img148.imageshack.us/i/allputtogethersideoff.jpg...




wow dude your system looks tight, i really wish i could paint it red when i get it.... but

last time i tried to spray paint something i ended up ruining it, and i don't feel like wrecking a $150 case
July 15, 2009 6:02:54 AM

volks1470 said:
Good thing you posted that pic, because it reminded me of something you all should do if you have this case.

Here's a picture when I was putting mine together, it shows how awesome the cable management is but look at how the power supply mount is. Lot's more air flow for a downward facing PSU.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Volks1470/IMG_3444.jpg

And of course I have to whore it out a bit...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Volks1470/IMG_3453.jpg



your looks really nice too. is that a full atx mobo?

it looks just like mine

i own the GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P
July 15, 2009 6:33:20 AM





This is kind of pathetic cable management, but i made no attempt to manage them, because i just swapped cpu's.

(and i'm buying my next sexy case soon)

man i cant wait for the cleanliness and extra space :wahoo: 
July 15, 2009 1:07:56 PM

As stated it isn't hard to find replacement fans for the HAF 932. One word of warning though - the power LED on the front is extremely bright. I have a large bedroom and it lights the entire room at night.
July 15, 2009 2:37:30 PM

thiisonecrazy said:
your looks really nice too. is that a full atx mobo?

it looks just like mine

i own the GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P


Indeed it is a ATX board. Yep, the only difference between our boards is I got the GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

After I put everything in and got the new cooler. Doesn't look nearly as clean but not bad.

July 15, 2009 6:10:25 PM

that still looks better then my current one does, I can't get over how this case makes full atx boards look so small..
July 15, 2009 8:42:09 PM

Not a bad ripoff of the Coolermaster case. I like that the inside is all black and that the blue theme is used throughout. I also like the case feet. That said, I can't tell what the cable management solution would be like on that case and I would definitely miss the hard drive bay of the HAF 932. Another thing to beware of with the AZZA case - I don't see a cutout needed for the motherboard tray if you are using an i7 with a lot of aftermarket coolers.
July 15, 2009 10:06:25 PM

If I have time tonight, I'll post a couple pics of the inside of mine. It looks purdy.
July 22, 2009 9:32:57 AM

i got the case and have everything installed, i'm amazed and in love at the same time, this case is awesome!

I'm going to post pictures, but i'm waiting for my new power supply to get here, which will look a lot better. (ocz 700 watt, all black wrapped cables)
July 22, 2009 3:33:07 PM

AMDThunder said:
If I have time tonight, I'll post a couple pics of the inside of mine. It looks purdy.



Hey let me see some of those pictures. I just received the case a couple days ago. I am using it for a new build.
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
July 22, 2009 4:45:02 PM

Frys has the antec 900 for $99.99, which is also a good case.
July 22, 2009 9:35:48 PM

BroHamBone said:
Hey let me see some of those pictures. I just received the case a couple days ago. I am using it for a new build.


Heh, I forgot about this. See if I can get some tonight. :) 
July 28, 2009 10:04:36 AM

I would say a CM storm scout. the quality of that case will not disappoint you and it also looks nice.
!