Overdrive problem

brisa117

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hey guys,

I've been running my Phenom II 955 for about a year and a half now and I'm finally getting around to setting up a nice liquid cooling loop for it. Before I install this, I thought I would see how high I could push the air, to make myself (hopefully) feel like the liquid cooling was a good investment. I have run OverDrive before and the CPU multiplier would allow me to go well above the stock 16x, however, turning it on today, the top is 16x. I can manually change the multiplier to 16.5... 17... etc in the bios, but that's not cool : P I would like to do this in the OS before finally setting things in the bios.

Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong or do you have another program that would help me that you can suggest?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi.

Uninstall the current AOD, go here and download it again. Installed and run the software, when the system ask you for update the AOD version, ignore it.

brisa117

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Thanks! I thought about doing this, but couldn't find the old version. I appreciate the link. BTW, I was able to get it to 17x without overheating.