Sep 20, 2009
System:

ASUS P7P55D Motherboard
Intel i7 860
G.Skill (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz
OCZ 700W ModXStream PSU
ASUS Radeon HD EAH 4830
Thank you in advance for your time.

The computer has been working perfectly for the past week. I accidentally pressed 'sleep' instead of 'restart' (not sure if this is relevant). It wouldn't wake from sleep, so I forced shut down by holding power button. Waiting a few seconds before rebooting and noticed that it was taking a long time. So long, in fact, that I thought it wasn't booting. I left for about 20 minutes and noticed it was still running the BIOS check. I have restarted it again and it takes over 20 minutes to get into the BIOS and switching between options in the BIOS requires a wait of 2-3 minutes. It is so slow, that sometimes the BIOS itself takes 5 minutes to completely load a screen from top to bottom.

I have tried clearing CMOS several times, removing and reseating nearly everything. Nothing unnecessary is connected right now. There are no warning lights (the ones that come standard on this line of motherboards). Nothing smells strange or is making an unusual sound. I went into the power menu in the BIOS to see if I could check voltages (took over 30 minutes) and they are a little high (same as when I first booted):

CPU 1.184
3.3V 3.424
5V 5.136
12V 12.264

Is this a motherboard issue? PSU issue? Honestly, I don't even know where to start. I've never encountered a problem like this.

Thank you again for your time.

justdweezil

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

As I write above, the problem is not a software problem since I get the same problem with no hard drive attached. The problem is with booting. Getting to BIOS (which does not require a hard drive) takes over 30 minutes.