Problem Video Streaming

March 15, 2005 2:47:02 AM

Hi,

I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black screen
with no playback. On desktop it works however

Here is the link I have trouble with,
http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net

Any idea how to track it down?

Thanks,
Hynek Cihlar
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:40:40 PM

Hynek Cihlar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
> content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black
> screen with no playback. On desktop it works however
>
> Here is the link I have trouble with,
> http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
> or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net

Would help if you mentioned what OS/media player version you are using. That
stream plays fine on my ipaq with WM2003, WMP 9 (build 13100). The stream is
using WM9 codecs, so it probably won't play on anything less than WMP 9 on
Pocket PC.

Tony
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:40:41 PM

Oops, sorry.

I have the problem on Dell Axim x30 (rom A05), Windows Mobile 2003 SE build
14260.2.0.2, Windows Media Player 10.

"Tony A." wrote:

> Hynek Cihlar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
> > content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black
> > screen with no playback. On desktop it works however
> >
> > Here is the link I have trouble with,
> > http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
> > or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net
> >

> Would help if you mentioned what OS/media player version you are using. That
> stream plays fine on my ipaq with WM2003, WMP 9 (build 13100). The stream is
> using WM9 codecs, so it probably won't play on anything less than WMP 9 on
> Pocket PC.
>
> Tony

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 5:13:12 PM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:40:40 GMT, "Tony A." <what@where.why.com>
wrote:

>Hynek Cihlar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
>> content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black
>> screen with no playback. On desktop it works however
>>
>> Here is the link I have trouble with,
>> http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
>> or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net

Yep, works fine here too (Dell Axim X3i with WM9)

Cheers - Neil

>Would help if you mentioned what OS/media player version you are using. That
>stream plays fine on my ipaq with WM2003, WMP 9 (build 13100). The stream is
>using WM9 codecs, so it probably won't play on anything less than WMP 9 on
>Pocket PC.
>
>Tony

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:12:12 PM

Try going into WMP Options --> Network and setting your bandwidth to the
right bitrate. This video clip is about 100kbps, so if your network isn't
fast enough, only video keyframes or audio will play.

--

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This address is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Hynek Cihlar" <HynekCihlar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oops, sorry.
>
> I have the problem on Dell Axim x30 (rom A05), Windows Mobile 2003 SE
> build
> 14260.2.0.2, Windows Media Player 10.
>
> "Tony A." wrote:
>
>> Hynek Cihlar wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
>> > content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black
>> > screen with no playback. On desktop it works however
>> >
>> > Here is the link I have trouble with,
>> > http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
>> > or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net
>> >

>> Would help if you mentioned what OS/media player version you are using.
>> That
>> stream plays fine on my ipaq with WM2003, WMP 9 (build 13100). The stream
>> is
>> using WM9 codecs, so it probably won't play on anything less than WMP 9
>> on
>> Pocket PC.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:24:05 AM

i am also facing some wht same type of problem. i am trying to stream to
my pocket pc , but when i am streaming, it is giving mer error "Windows
media player cannot ind the file.Verify that your network proxy settigs are
correct and try again". but my pc to pc streaming is working. and if i copy
windows media player file to pocket pc it works fine.. I am usingwindows
media player 8.an you please tell me wht is the error.

Regards

naveen

April 23, 2005 1:59:03 PM

I have the same problem. I'm using Dell X50V. I think it is the problem of
adjusting buffer size. Is there any idea in adjusting the buffer size of WMP
of PPC?

Wilson
From Hong Kong

"Caridy" wrote:

> Hi TSK, I was searching documentation about this problem, and testing, and
> the problem start when I hand up the X30 PPC without power cord.
> And then I found some peoples with the same problem and the same patron
> (streaming video over wifi).
>
> Any idea?
>
> thanx
> caridy
>
> "TSK" <eonekim@cox.net> wrote in message
> > I mean that streaming video over the Internet from server with 265kbps. I
> am
> > using 'WMProfile_V80_256Video' system profile to streaming live video.
> When
> > I put PPC on the cradle, it displays video well. I found later that PPC
> uses
> > desktop LAN instead of PPC Wi-Fi. As soon as I take it out from the
> cradle.
> > It stops displying video due to buffering.
> >
> > Neil, do I have a problem on wirless bandth? However my notebook with
> D-Link
> > Xtreme G Wireless Notebook Adapter works find. How can I check the upload
> > and download speed for PPC?
> >
> > Caridy, I agree with Neil that you cannot expect smooth video display for
> > 1mbps video streaming.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > TSK
> >
> > "Caridy" <caridy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:o u#WjEWsEHA.1520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Neils:
> > >
> > > Sorry about my english :-|
> > > The problem is that using the default profile, the problem persist (wmp9
> > > stop the video), exactly with the same patron that when I was using a 1
> > mbps
> > > profile, and don't report any buffer error, or nothing like this.
> > >
> > > Thanx.
> > > caridy
> > >
> > > "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > all
> minute,
> > > and
> the

> > wifi

> file
> downloading
> > ?

> Axim
> > > X30,

> message
> > > pick
>
> > the

> as
> > > the
> > > audio
> > > anyway!)

> > encoder,

> > fledged
> > be

> > PPC
> > > more
> > > with

> > saved
> video

Manage Your Profile |Rules of Conduct
© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |Trademarks

"Hynek Cihlar" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have troubles streaming video on Pocket PC. When trying to play the
> content, media player doesn't show any error message, just a black screen
> with no playback. On desktop it works however
>
> Here is the link I have trouble with,
> http://ct1streaming.visual.cz/new/asx/UdalostiP140305.a...
> or try it from this page, http://ct1.cihla.net
>
> Any idea how to track it down?
>
> Thanks,
> Hynek Cihlar
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:30:05 PM

I see a similar problem on the Siemens SX66 connected using Cingular GPRS @
33kpbs.

I tried a bunch of really low bit rate files but just see a blank screen
with the player saying that it is playing the video.

Thanks,
Rajat

!