creepy_maverick

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Hi Guys!

Hows it going!

Can I please get some pointers On setting up my first CROSSFIRE X functionality?

I found a great deal here at a local pc shop in San diego on a toxic 4870 thats why i bought it. Should i just plug and play it or do a FRESH ccc installation? Do i need to pay attention on placing the 2nd card to the #2 pcie,,, etc.etc..

I appreciate the feedback guys!

Thank you very much for the time!

PSU: Antec Quattro 1000w
GPU: Sapphire Toxic Edition 4870 1gb
RAM: Corsair 8gb 800MHz DDR2 pc6400 twinx

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Yeah it's pretty straight through. People make it more complicated than it is.
Just plugin the cards in the two PCI-E slots make sure you have your bridge connected, and that you have at least 600W PSU to power your cards.
You can do a clean install of Cat 9.4 but is not needed. CCC will detect your second card, and all you need to do is go under CCC Crosffrie settings and select the check box to enable crossfire.

Just to test your Crossfire, right click the ATI icon in the system tray and select under Crossfire option to Show Icon when Crossfire is Enabled.
Now when you start a game there will be an ATI Crossfire Icon in the top right corner.

You can also use Fraps to measure Frames Per seconds in your games just to se the difference in performance.

Good luck and have fun!

Cheers

I would recommend a clean install. Less likely that problems will arise and it usually easier to isolate them if they do. If you already have one toxic card and the other one is the same, there shouldn't be any issues and it should recognize it once windows is loaded.