Air cooler to OC X6 1055T 4ghz or more

bordrandomgamer

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Im looking on newegg right now for a new cooler to overclock my X6 1055T to 4ghz or more.
Do you guys know any air coolers to achieve this?

I've settled on the Noctua NH-D14 to reach around the 4.2 ghz mark, I've read a couple of reviews of people reaching this(stable).
What do you guys think? Do any of you have experience with this cooler?

My budget is around $50-$60, BUT I will make an exception if it will allow me to reach stable overclocks above 4 ghz.

Thanks to any replies in advance!

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
if the noctua fits in your rig then go with it... there maybe a cooler or two thats slightly better and in the same price range...

But if you want to consider around $50 then you can look at little less performing ones like Spire Thermax Eclipse II or Titan Fenrir or Scythe Ninja or scythe Yasya all for $55 in frozencpu.com...

UPDATE - Zalman CNPS10X Performa is a better cooler for its price of $45 in newegg.com... if budget then got for this...

KBentley57

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I have the noctua D14 and it is amazing. I have a 955BE clocked to 3.8 GHz with a Vcore of 1.5 V, with and extra .3 V on the northbridge to stabilize my memory. It idles at about 32C and never goes above 50C under prime 95. Best of all, I CANNOT hear it. I mean it really is whipser quiet (at least compared to the other case fans). You can't go wrong with it.

Be aware that it is huge. I mean, bigger than what you would think. Make sure it will fit in your case.

If anything will get you to 4, this will.

bordrandomgamer

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

I have a Cooler Master 690 II right now, but I'm looking to upgrade to a full tower case when I purchase SSD's, my cpu cooler, and other upgrades.

Will the Noctua, Archon, or Silver Arrow fit in my current case?

Yeah, the Cooler Master 690 II can fit until 177.0mm height coolers, the NH-D14 is 160 mm height, the Archon is 140mm and the Silver Arrow is 160mm, so, any of those can fit in your case without problems.

btw, when you change your case, send me the old one :) :)

bordrandomgamer

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

will send you old case, wait, you pay shipping.
shipping is $150 :kaola:

Or Ill trade for eyefinity video card with 3 monitors, lol
I want eyefinity so badly

Thanks for your help I will do some more research but I'm leaning towards Noctua

It's a deal? I'm not from the USA, so, the shipping will be international shipping for only $150 is good for me :lol: