What to do with this?

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Hello,

I am posting here as it seems like the obvious place, after many hours of searching google I cannot find anywhere where I can buy a single GeIL Black Dragon PC2 6400 to go with the curiously lonesome module that I got sent with a motherboard I bought on ebay. I have contacted the seller out of curiosity to where he got it from, but so far I have not had a reply.

I would like to get a pair for this, even if it's not been sold as matched. As far as I'm aware the matching is just matched timings for the particular module, which given the same module model I would hope would be the same timings.

What should I do with this? At the moment it's sitting along side some cheap buffalo I have pushing me up to 6GB. Both brands seem to be overclocking well but the different timings is something i'm not particular happy with. I have a place where the 4GB of buffalo could go so I'm happy to replace that ram, but the missing 2GB module is proving frustrating and I feel like I might aswell just get the 8GB quad channel kit for like ~£75 or 2 of the 4GB kits for ~£40 each.

Any input is appreciated and I'm really not planning on going to faster ram at the moment by the way. Just in case that's the suggestion although I will take on board anything that's said :)

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Correction (Cant edit this post!)
I would like to get a second module to make the pair for this and as far as I'm aware the matching is just matched timings for the particular module, which given the same module model I would hope would be the same timings.

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
It seems strange because I cant be the only person and what about those people whose matching module fails outside of warranty? Where do they get replacements???

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
It's a bit strange they dont sell the BD modules as singles, there are if I remember two timings for the PC2-6400 and that's CL4 and CL5. If they're sold in kits, they can make some money by adding £5 to each single module if they want!!! :p

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I think I'm at a dead end, I'm still curious as to what happened to the other module and whether the guy realises it has a lifetime warranty! Maybe I should follow up with a mail asking for the defective module, unless he already gave it away :(

If anyone on here has a spare black dragon module, let me know lol :)

Trigle

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Dear Sir / Madam,

We are so sorry and we could not sell any single module of Black Dragon product.

Thank you.

Regards,

PRODUCT & TECH-SUPPORT CENTER
TEL (886) 2 8227 3260 | FAX (886) 2 8227 3252
16F, NO.268 Lian Cheng Rd., Chung-Ho City, Taipei 235, Taiwan
www.geil.com.tw | www.geil.com.cn