Sign in with
Your question

Desk Top Computer Cannot access Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
September 9, 2011 6:27:35 PM

The previous night when I tried to shut down my computer it stopped on my desktop and would not shut down. I waited for a while then I turned off the CPU. Next morning when I went to booth up a black screen appreared telling me that it cannot succesfully start Windows. It provides a couple of options like a) Safe Mode b) Safe Mode with Network c)Safe mode with Command Prompt d) Last known configurations e) Start Windows Normally. I tried them all but still not success.
Can you help me.
Thanks
Richard
September 9, 2011 10:55:12 PM

Buhagiar said:
The previous night when I tried to shut down my computer it stopped on my desktop and would not shut down. I waited for a while then I turned off the CPU. Next morning when I went to booth up a black screen appreared telling me that it cannot succesfully start Windows. It provides a couple of options like a) Safe Mode b) Safe Mode with Network c)Safe mode with Command Prompt d) Last known configurations e) Start Windows Normally. I tried them all but still not success.
Can you help me.
Thanks
Richard

Do you have a Windows CD to boot from and repair Windows ?

I have read several threads in the last few days of people with the same problem (being presented with the safe mode options and none working) which leads me to believe you have been infected with virus / malware.
m
l
Related resources
!