WD Caviar Green 2TB in RAID5?

I was planning on getting the Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB drive for my RAID 5 configuration, but I've been reading a few things that say they don't support it or something? Any input? Has anyone done this?
5 answers Last reply
More about caviar green raid5
  1. They are 4K sector drives. Should be fine in Windows 7, which creates aligned partitions. You can check with AS SSD to be sure.
  2. Check with it for what? that they are 4k sector drives?
  3. Whether your partitions are aligned or not. It would say OK is they are good, and BAD if they are not.
  4. Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB drive for my RAID 5 configuration not for speed, are using this for some kind of a database storage? - This is ok for windows 7.
  5. dEAne said:
    Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB drive for my RAID 5 configuration not for speed, are using this for some kind of a database storage? - This is ok for windows 7.

I will use for storage for media and workstation backups, with windows 7 pro 64bit

so you have the caviar green 2tb drives in a RAID 5? have you had any problems? how does it work? anything special you have had to do?
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Western Digital Caviar Green Storage