Why does high speed not always work?

Sometimes I notice that the high-speed button on TS2 doesn't work.
Normally the game shifts automatically into high-speed mode as soon as
all the Sims are off the lot (at work, for example), but lately it seems
that it stays at the same slow pace, even though the high-speed button
is lit.

Are there things that can prevent the high-speed mode from working, or
is this a bug, or what?

If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
this help?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim writes:

> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
> this help?

Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

NPCs on the lot will have an effect.

Mxsmanic wrote:
> Madame Mim writes:
>
>> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
>> does this help?
>
> Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short of
moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.

Jeanie

If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Mxsmanic wrote:
> > Madame Mim writes:
> >
> >> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
> >> does this help?
> >
> > Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> > NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?
>
> Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
> about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short
of
> moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.
>
> Jeanie

But only in that they may cause fast mode to be less fast. I have never seen
them cause the game to stay in normal mode. Or am I missing something?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim writes:

> If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
> teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
> able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
> lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
the standard game?

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Madame Mim writes:
>

>>If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
>>teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
>>able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
>>lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).
>

> What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
> the standard game?

The first is a hack. The latter is a bug.

-georg

TRENDING THREADS