Why does high speed not always work?

Sometimes I notice that the high-speed button on TS2 doesn't work.
Normally the game shifts automatically into high-speed mode as soon as
all the Sims are off the lot (at work, for example), but lately it seems
that it stays at the same slow pace, even though the high-speed button
is lit.

Are there things that can prevent the high-speed mode from working, or
is this a bug, or what?

More about high speed work

    If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
    this help?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim writes:

    > If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
    > this help?

    Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
    NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

    NPCs on the lot will have an effect.

    Mxsmanic wrote:
    > Madame Mim writes:
    >
    >> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
    >> does this help?
    >
    > Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
    > NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

    Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
    about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short of
    moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.

    Jeanie

    If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
    teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
    able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
    lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Mxsmanic wrote:
    > > Madame Mim writes:
    > >
    > >> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
    > >> does this help?
    > >
    > > Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
    > > NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?
    >
    > Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
    > about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short
    of
    > moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.
    >
    > Jeanie

    But only in that they may cause fast mode to be less fast. I have never seen
    them cause the game to stay in normal mode. Or am I missing something?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim writes:

    > If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
    > teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
    > able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
    > lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

    What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
    the standard game?

    Mxsmanic wrote:

    > Madame Mim writes:
    >

    >>If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
    >>teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
    >>able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
    >>lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).
    >

    > What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
    > the standard game?

    The first is a hack. The latter is a bug.

    -georg

Sims Video Games