Why does high speed not always work?

Last response: in Video Games
March 30, 2005 11:33:47 AM

Sometimes I notice that the high-speed button on TS2 doesn't work.
Normally the game shifts automatically into high-speed mode as soon as
all the Sims are off the lot (at work, for example), but lately it seems
that it stays at the same slow pace, even though the high-speed button
is lit.

Are there things that can prevent the high-speed mode from working, or
is this a bug, or what?

More about : high speed work

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:41:48 PM

If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
this help?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes I notice that the high-speed button on TS2 doesn't work.
> Normally the game shifts automatically into high-speed mode as soon as
> all the Sims are off the lot (at work, for example), but lately it seems
> that it stays at the same slow pace, even though the high-speed button
> is lit.
>
> Are there things that can prevent the high-speed mode from working, or
> is this a bug, or what?
>
> --
> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:06:14 AM

Madame Mim writes:

> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up - does
> this help?

Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

March 31, 2005 12:06:15 AM

NPCs on the lot will have an effect.

"Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D iql41tu1vfdvotru1pbo2k25s5she17id@4ax.com...
> Madame Mim writes:
>
> > If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
does
> > this help?
>
> Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?
>
> --
> Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me directly.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:00:35 AM

Mxsmanic wrote:
> Madame Mim writes:
>
>> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
>> does this help?
>
> Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?

Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short of
moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.

Jeanie
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:33:58 AM

If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Mxsmanic wrote:
> > Madame Mim writes:
> >
> >> If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
> >> does this help?
> >
> > Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> > NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?
>
> Sounds like one of those phantom invisible sims that someone was talking
> about in here a while back. I have no idea how to get rid of them short
of
> moving the family out and bulldozing the lot.
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:34:59 AM

But only in that they may cause fast mode to be less fast. I have never seen
them cause the game to stay in normal mode. Or am I missing something?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> NPCs on the lot will have an effect.
>
> "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D iql41tu1vfdvotru1pbo2k25s5she17id@4ax.com...
> > Madame Mim writes:
> >
> > > If babies or toddlers are awake at home the game does not speed up -
> does
> > > this help?
> >
> > Mmm ... no. Only two adults in this household. Anything else? Will
> > NPCs on the lot have an effect (gardener, maid, etc.)? Anything else?
> >
> > --
> > Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me
directly.

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:15:34 AM

Madame Mim writes:

> If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
> teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
> able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
> lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).

What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
the standard game?

April 1, 2005 12:15:35 AM

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Madame Mim writes:
>

>>If it really is an invisible Sim then the teleport bush (or any other
>>teleport object that has a get rid of as well as a call function) should be
>>able to help - but it would have to be an invisible family member as only
>>lot residents cause the game to stay in normal mode (TIKO).
>

> What are teleport bushes and invisible family members? Is this all in
> the standard game?

The first is a hack. The latter is a bug.

-georg
!