I have been looking to buy a workstation for some time now. i recently purchased a set of components from newegg, and put them together.
here is the set of components
1. video card : SPARKLE SFPX98GTX+512D3H GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
2. processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
3. hard drive : 1 TB SATA
4. DVD : DVD-RW SATA
5. mobo : GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
6. RAM : 2X G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
7. Case : Antec NSK6580B Black 0.8mm cold-rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 430 Watts 80 PLUS Power Supply
8. Heat: 92mm frezer 7 pro with arctic 7 paste
Everything went together quite well. when the moment of truth came, i pushed the power button and nothing happened. i thought this may happen, and this was why.
here is the cpu connector that came with my 430 watt earthwatts power supply.
And here is the cpu power on the ud3p i have
i have read that plugging a 2x2 cpu power connector into a 2x4 eps socket will work just fine. for some reason, my build wont work with it. the gigabyte guide book says that an EPS connector should be used with a core 2 extreme processor, but that is all it says on that topic. normally, gigabyte boards have leds that light up when power is connected. my machine is completely dead no mater the configuration of the power plugs. also, i tried unplugging everything besides a hard drive. still, nothing.
Is there some sort of adapter needed, or is the 430 watt power supply too skimpy for the job of powering this encoding beast?