ATI TV Tuner 650 detects zero OTA ATSC channels after scan

teng

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Does anyone with an ATI 650 PCIe tv tuner have any experience with the tuner not receiving any OTA HD channels after a scan? I have confirmed signal reception on the line with a TV as I have a 110" roof mounted amplified antenna with 30 mile direct line of sight to NYC. I can collect all NY Broadcast stations from every TV in my house so I don't believe signal strength/quality is an issue. Additionally, I have confirmed that I am using the ATSC jack and not the NTSC jack (NTSC works fine). I have downloaded the electronic Program Guide as well since i've heard that not having it caused other tuners such as Hauppague from receiving. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I have already returned one card already so I'm on my first replacement card. The behavior was identical with both, so I imagine there is a setup issue? I am running WinXP SP3. I have also heard other tuner brands have issues with systems running 4GB RAM or more. I have 4GB but since i'm running 32bit O/S, I imagine its not even addressible so a non-issue... Does anyone have experience with this? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

leon2006

Distinguished
What is the gain setting of your amplified antenna with variable gain. I have an indoor amplified antenna with gain up to 50db. I normally get HD channel at 50% settings on the gain. The indoor amplified antenna can be purchased in walmart, target, bestbuy or stores like Fry's.

I use ATI 650 PCIE before and it works. I get the HD over air tansmission. The NTSC reception also works.

Now I'm using Hauppage 2250 TV tuner.

My OS is Vista 64 Ultimate.