Sign in with
Your question

HELP! I need the best way way to build a system on cyberpowerpc.

Tags:
  • Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 9, 2009 7:18:30 AM

OK! So i work in computer sales but i'll be the first to admit im not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer. I know enough to get into computer gaming but not enough to really build one myself, plus i want the warrenty. My solution so far is cyberpowerpc.com. I pick it they build it and give me a three year warrenty on it all.

So using the site i was hoping someone would be willing to help give me some sugested configurations for a desktop (tower only) so i can get into the world of modern pc gaming. The best config at around 800 bucks.

My needs are simple CRYSIS, FARCRY 2, and other FPS games like Bioshock 2.
I need both Gigabit ethernet and a wireless of some kind.
Full tower

I dont need software other than OS
I'll run it off of my 27 tv first than buy a monitor later
I dont need any accesories i'll grab them on my own later

I prefer Intel and EVGA but this is my first gaming desktop so i can go either way

So can anyone help me get the right system?

Thanks

More about : way build system cyberpowerpc

April 9, 2009 9:38:52 AM

Hi, firstly i would recommend a Core 2 Duo rather than a quad because they are mosty used for video editing and applications which have support for mulitple cores like photoshop. Crysis and Farcry 2 are both power demanding games but thanx to the fastly advancing technology as long as your cpu isn't old anything better than a 8800 GT will allow you to play smoothly. I would recommend 2 gb's of RAM and a minimum 500 watt power supply. If you follow these guidelines you should be good!
Related resources
April 9, 2009 2:11:44 PM

I just bought one from Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item... He let me customize everything I wanted and even gave me a 750G HDD because the 640s were out of stock. I can play Crysis average 20FPS very playable on a 19" monitor, and other games are perfect. I bought a 3 year warranty from squaretrade for $120. I couldn't be happier, I would do it again.

You can buy the auction this guy has for $1.00 and get a consultation to see if you could get a better deal then Cyberpower. It can't hurt for just $1.00.

This guy has fast shipping, and very high quality PCs. This 4.0 core 2 duo blows away my old P4. I couldn't be happier.
April 9, 2009 7:04:49 PM

^ Sounds great and glad you are happy with your new system. That after all is most important.
I wouldn't brag too much on the HDD trade off though, the 640 gig drive, if this was a Western Digital drive, they are very fast drives. Why they were likely out of them, they are popular with the performance crowd.
April 9, 2009 7:26:01 PM

Ya both were WD Black editions.
April 9, 2009 7:41:23 PM

what about micro center if they have one in your state they have some good deals on returned items

http://www.microcenter.com/index.html

Dell Studio XPS-121M Share this product with the world

Intel® Core i7 Quad Processor 920
6GB Tri Channel DDR3-1067 SDRAM
750GB Hard Drive
DVDRW Drive
19-in-1 Media Card Reader
ATI® Radeon HD 4850
10/100/1000 Network
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
Display Not Included

New: $949.99
Due to limited availability of this item, only 1 item per customer can be ordered.

OPEN BOX SAVINGS
from $854.96
April 10, 2009 2:43:17 AM

Alright good stuff, its like there is just so much out there

on the ebay guy maybe his consultation would help so i'll look him up

costco looked sexy but i have no membership but i like the specs

and on the last one that one i know the best, very sick computer... however i work for Dell actually and i think if that is the same Studio XPS then believe it or not the power supply is horrible for gaming.... Its beatiful and i would call her Sasha! but she really only is for performance not worth the games...

I think its only 425 or something....

I know.... I couldn't believe it either.
!