Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I5 750 overclcck to 3.6ghz

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 12:16:05 PM

I overclocked my cpu to 3.6ghz,but I'm a bit unsure about some things:
First,the Vcore.To make sure I wouldn't be getting an unbootable system I set that at 1.256v.From other posts in the internet,it sems kind of high for a 3.6ghz overclock.My temps are 60c full p95 load.So is it worth it to drop the voltage or is it fine?
Also,I left all voltages except Vcore and Dram Voltage on auto.
Do these seem to be a problem?

More about : 750 overclcck 6ghz

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 4:45:53 PM

If you leave those other voltages @ auto and you're running stable with 60c full p95 than you are ok.

As for the vcore, it doesn't hurt to try and nudge it down and stress test again until you get errors, once you get errors, go two ticks back up from that vcore and you will have your sweet-spot vcore for that speed.
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 5:03:14 PM

OK.I tested my oc with Intel Burn Test 25 passes with maximum memory and it completed error free too so I guess I can drop the voltage a bit:) 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 5:19:46 PM

Yep, so basically, just drop it in very small increments and re-test (using the same increment every time you drop it) until you get errors. Once you get errors, re-up it by two increments and test one final time to ensure there are no errors and Boo-Ya, you're done overclocking for that speed.
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 5:33:28 PM

jonpaul37 said:
Yep, so basically, just drop it in very small increments and re-test (using the same increment every time you drop it) until you get errors. Once you get errors, re-up it by two increments and test one final time to ensure there are no errors and Boo-Ya, you're done overclocking for that speed.


Or I could up the baseclock until I get errors and then drop it a bit and be error free.That would require setting those voltages on auto though.Thanks a lot for the advice:) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 6:19:23 PM

Yes, you could do the opposite and try to push for more GHz if you like. Either way...

Keep in mind that pushing for higher will likely result in a little more heat but not much more, even if you keep the vcore the same...
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 9:39:53 PM

jonpaul37 said:
Yes, you could do the opposite and try to push for more GHz if you like. Either way...

Keep in mind that pushing for higher will likely result in a little more heat but not much more, even if you keep the vcore the same...


I think I'll try to decrease the voltage and try to implement Speedstep in my oc too.It is a waste to have 3.6ghz just to watch movies but I am seeing a great benefit in games and compression/ decompression apps.
a b à CPUs
December 30, 2010 4:41:24 AM

Yes, you can decrease the voltage as my former i5 750 system ran 3.9ghz at 1.20 Volts.
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2010 4:14:03 PM

HansVonOhain said:
Yes, you can decrease the voltage as my former i5 750 system ran 3.9ghz at 1.20 Volts.


Got it to 1.17v semi stable,not because of issues but because I have only tested it with 20 passes IBT,2 hours p95 and some crysis :D Thanks to jonpaul37 and HansVonOhair for the help.
!