Anyone use Asus AI Suite vs change the BIOS for overclocking ??

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Asus AI Suite is terrible, much better to go via BIOS.

Otherwise though, if your running AMD I would sooner use AMD overdrive, intel im not sure.

BIOS always works though, its just not as practical as an in OS tool since you have to reboot everytime you want to try out a new OC... Not that big a deal for most of us though since we have time :kaola:

Keeps your OS clean as well!

Dogsnake

Distinguished
When you OC in the bios, you are making adjustments directly to the MB attributes. Using the AI software requires the software be running under the windows OS. This uses unnecessary system resources and relies on the accuracy of the software to make the very same changes you can make precisely and directly in the bios. The bios is the best place to adjust values like voltages. Also the bios adjustments are constant. If the software gets corrupted so do you settings.

Mfusick

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005

So the answer is BIOS... for most users...

Thanks

Vonkzilla

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Bios is definitely the answer. precise, accurate, and constant.

My question is, im about to install AI Suite for some of the other features. i currently have my system overclocked, CPU, GPU and RAM. if i install this software, any idea if it will overwrite my settings in bios and tune its own way automatically after its installed? I want some of the other features but worry it will change things automatically after install.

Thanks,

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

My personal experience. I hate AI Suite for one simple reason. I can't read BIOS settings. No matter what you put in to BIOS not only it'll overwrite it but also mess everything up by changing BIOS. So in other words it can change motherboard low level settings but it can't read them so it's like one way street. I wanted to keep everything on full manual and keep Ai Suite for other nice features , I couldn't because AI Simply couldn't stay away from changing stuff.

STAY AWAY FROM AI SUITE. Go ti Bios do all changes. reboot and enjoy BIOS settings without any software messing with it.

All this with latest V1.00.96 so you can't say well it's old one.