Sign in with
Your question

Media Center In Progress, What Graphics Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2009 7:01:13 PM

Hola,

I'm making a Video Editing/Photo Editing/Blu Ray Burning Monster. It is in an Apeiva X-Master Micro ATX Case. The mobo I get and whether I go AMD or Intel depends on the graphics card. What should I get for these tasks? Remember it MUST fit in a Micro ATX case. I'm going for upper middle class.
April 30, 2009 8:19:04 PM

spike101x said:
Hola,

I'm making a Video Editing/Photo Editing/Blu Ray Burning Monster. It is in an Apeiva X-Master Micro ATX Case. The mobo I get and whether I go AMD or Intel depends on the graphics card. What should I get for these tasks? Remember it MUST fit in a Micro ATX case. I'm going for upper middle class.

If you can define "upper middle class" in terms of what you're willing to spend, I'd be glad to offer some advice. It always comes down to getting the best you can for what you can afford.
Related resources
a c 358 U Graphics card
May 5, 2009 1:38:05 AM

If you are not gonna game, then a HD 4650 / 4670 which offers great video playback quality. Anything more powerful is just a waste of money if you are not gaming or working on 3-D modeling.

If you wanna game or do 3-D modeling, then get a HD 4870.
May 5, 2009 1:59:11 AM

+1, 4650 is a good choice unless your a gamer.
a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2009 4:34:29 AM

Some of those (4600's) probably come in fanless versions if you need quiet (for whatever reason).
May 5, 2009 5:22:23 AM

Yeah for the passive heatsink versions make sure you have adequate airflow, they tend to get hot.
!