Sign in with
Your question

Video card question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2009 7:51:07 PM

Hello. I have an
ASUS Essentio CS5111 and i was wondering if anyone can tell me any possible video cards that may work with this slimline pc. thanks

More about : video card question

a c 144 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 30, 2009 8:31:11 PM

While the specifications state (on Best Buy's site) that it comes with a PCI-Ex1 slot, I have no idea where it is or how you'd connect a graphics card to it. Best guess would say, you can't install a card in that system.

-Wolf sends
a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2009 8:41:14 PM

*EDIT* i may have to change my advice, I have not been able to find any internal pics or other information about adding a graphic card to this ASUS. You will have to open the case and look to see if there is a way a graphic card can be installed and accessed from the back panel. There may not be room or it may be configured in a way that it is not an option.

There are several cards that will work. You need a low profile or low profile "ready" graphic card. Your system uses a G35 motherboard so it will use any PCIeX16 1.0 or 2.0 low profile card. What are you planning on doing with the system ? (gaming, HTPC, general computing and light gaming?) What is the resolution of your monitor ? (example is a 19 inch LCD at 1440X900) What power supply does your system have in it ? (example is a 250watt with 17 amps on the 12V ) Much depends on what card you can install on what power supply your system has in it. If you have a 300w power supply, then this card would be a decent solution without more info.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
other options would be
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
but would require a more powerful power supply, but would be better for gaming.
May 2, 2009 11:38:08 PM

Just maybe a little light gaming nothing too crysis like or anything. And it is a 19 inch 1440
!