stkyle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
I built my system just before Christmas for the purpose of programming and gaming but was too busy with school to actually use it for anything too intense. Well this quarter is more relaxed and I have since started gaming again. Unfortunately I'm getting Fatal Errors...A lot of them. In World of Warcraft I sometimes get errors #132 and #134 which are very vague and hint at RAM problems. In Crysis I simply get "Crysis has stopped working" or something to that extent. What generally happens is it works for about three or four minutes and then crashes to desktop, usually without error messages. The thing is, it reduces my desktop resolution and the colors are all thrown off. Which makes me think it might be a video card problem, which worries me because I bought it open box. The WoW forums suggest RAM though. I'm going to run memtest as soon as I can find a blank CD.

Here are my specs:

Windows XP professional
Dual-Screen 19" and 21" monitors (NEC Multisync LCD1760NX and Samsung SyncMaster 226BW)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
2.75 GB RAM OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Fatal1ty Edition (4 GB installed...I'm pretty sure I'm only getting 2.75 b/c of XP...it shows 4GB when I'm running Win7 unfortunately my school's ISP does not support it)
Asus ATI Radeon HD 3870X2 1GB 512 bit Video Card
750 GB Hitachi HDD
80 GB Raptor HDD
Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R/DS3 Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply

I only ever get errors while trying to play games. Which is a huge bummer because I can't play games...and I built this system for that purpose. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

italstalpf3

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
definately run a memtest. I had a similar problem and I am running Vista. I ran a memtest on mine and the RAM came up ok. I had Crucial Ballistik RAM, I have seen some people say try changing your voltages in your BIOS (I could not find out where edit the voltage in my BIOS) for your RAM. It still crashed after it came up ok.Or you can do what I did and I just went out and bought some new sticks of RAM G.Skill. After I swapped out the RAM and replaced it with G.Skill I have not had any crashes since.

I used to crash anywhere from 15mins -> 3 or 4 hours of playing.

stkyle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Okay, I just picked up a CD and I'm running it now. BIOS settings are a definite possibility, I've been messing with them for a while and I just can't seem to get it just right. It's showing a speed of 1033 but I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be 1333 so something's up. Good thing I don't have class today, I have some tinkering to do.

Is anyone familiar with Gigabyte BIOS settings that can maybe give me a hand?

techguy5070

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Hello guys,

I was one of those who have encountered Wow error 134. That was the time when I decided to not to play Wow again. But, my online research has given me a tutorial that contains accurate solutions to resolve above problem. Since then I am pretty happy and play Wow uninterruptedly.

To resolve fatal error you need to perform tweaks given here under:

Fix your system's registry errors
Remove game's World.MPQ.lock folder
Disable firewall
and so on...

I am here to share this tutorial with you guys so that you can also resolve your problems. The tutorial contains complete solutions here is the link to that tutorial http://www.slideshare.net/CarmenPomes/how-to-fix-wow-error-134-fatal-condition