Your question

Free computer chat rooms

Tags:
  • Security
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 10, 2011 7:53:29 PM

I have an icon I don't know what it is. I looks like a piece of paper w/ the right upper corner turned in. There is a hand held phone surrounded by a green circle. If you put your cursor on it it goes away. I was told it could be that I am being hacked so I got a secured line but the icon still shows up. What does it mean, how do I get rid of it, and should I be concerned????

More about : free computer chat rooms

September 10, 2011 8:04:41 PM

There is an icon that comes up....it looks like a sheet of paper w/ the upper right hand corner folded. There is a hand held phone w/ a green ciricl
around it. When you put your curson on it it goes away. I was told it means I'm being hacked so I got a secured line but now & then that icon pops up again. What is it, what does it mean, how do I make it go away, & should I be concerned????
m
l
a b 8 Security
September 10, 2011 9:09:42 PM

Have you run any malware scans? Go to http://www.malwarebytes.com and download MalwareBytes, install and update it then restart into Safe Mode and run the Full Scan.

Let it deal with anything it finds then restart back into Normal Mode and see how the system behaves. Post the scan log back here if you think you need further advice.

m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
September 10, 2011 9:11:00 PM

I posted a suggestion into your other thread.

m
l
a b 8 Security
September 10, 2011 9:13:43 PM

This next topics has been merged by Area51reopened
  • Scarry Icon!
    m
    l
    March 14, 2013 7:07:51 AM

hey!!! whats up you guys! im new here so i dont know alot about this website. can you give me the ups and downs of the website? that would be a great help.
    m
    l
    !