Sign in with
Your question

How do I perform a system repair on my Satellite Pro laptop?

Last response: in Windows XP
September 10, 2011 10:37:59 PM

Hello,
I really need help with this problem. A few weeks ago, my mum was on our Satellite Pro Toshiba laptop, when it froze and she slammed her hand down on the keys, then it died. Every time we go on the laptop, it says that the system could not start because the file is missing or corrupt. We go a repair CD but have no idead how to use it. This is urgent!!
a b D Laptop
September 12, 2011 8:18:03 AM

katie2910 said:
Hello,
I really need help with this problem. A few weeks ago, my mum was on our Satellite Pro Toshiba laptop, when it froze and she slammed her hand down on the keys, then it died. Every time we go on the laptop, it says that the system could not start because the file is missing or corrupt. We go a repair CD but have no idead how to use it. This is urgent!!

What repair CD are you talking about ?
Place it in CD drive, Boot & follow on screen instructions.

Have you checked the KB to make sure a key is not stuck since it was slammed ?
m
l
September 12, 2011 3:36:14 PM

What file is missing or corrupt?!
You mean SYSTEM or NTLDR is missing or corrupt?
If that's the case it's not from hiting the keyboard...

If so, you can go the hard way(replacing each file a the recovery console manually from the Windows\repair to the Windows\System32\config) or the easy way(do a repair install)
I think you mean a Win XP CD. If so, firat you have to go into your bios(by pressing a certain key at startup depending on your PC model) and go to the boot options and set your CD to boot first(put CDrom at top of list)
Then restart and a Press any key to continue will apear. Press any key, and the cd will boot.
Enter setup and agree with licence (F8 key)
The option will appear , and for repair press r, bla..bla...bla
see here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instx...

We need to surelly know what file is missing or corupt... for you to do the right things! :hello: 

m
l
Related resources
!