Sign in with
Your question

Problem with my new UPS

Last response: in Components
July 14, 2009 9:52:57 AM

hi 2 u all
i got this new UPS (An uninterruptible power supply) "mercury 1200" and am facing a problem,
first of all i live in a country with a bad bad electricity and the problem is sometimes when the electricity goes away the computer get restarted,y is that?

p.s
i tested it with other computer and it worked just fine

and in case u need 2 know my components r:
P4 3.00 Mhz 2 MB cache
M.B gigabyte GA-945PL-S3P
ram 2 GB
Graphic card inno 8600 gts
hard 150 GB
plazma screen

and a pic of my Power supply coz some people said it might be the cause of the problem

thank u and plz help me

More about : problem ups

July 14, 2009 12:17:45 PM

Go into your bios and in the power management settings and make sure that in the " AC Back Function" that you have selected "soft off" This should prevent it from restarting upon the restoration of your power.
July 15, 2009 9:57:51 AM

shabaa said:
Go into your bios and in the power management settings and make sure that in the " AC Back Function" that you have selected "soft off" This should prevent it from restarting upon the restoration of your power.

thats not the problem i talked about......but thanks anyway
Related resources
July 15, 2009 10:31:09 AM

Yiou mean PSU or UPS? In case you mean PSU; there are some devices that handle short power fluctuations better than others. I would get a decent UPS from APC for instance. Must not be a big one just to cover fluctuations.
July 15, 2009 10:38:32 AM

aziraphale said:
Yiou mean PSU or UPS? In case you mean PSU; there are some devices that handle short power fluctuations better than others. I would get a decent UPS from APC for instance. Must not be a big one just to cover fluctuations.

no i meant UPS (An uninterruptible power supply) the device that peeps and give u power when the electricity goes away
July 15, 2009 11:03:47 AM

Can you set the sensitivity of your UPS? If so then go for the most sensitive. It seems that your UPS still produces too much output fluctuation for your PSU when the power goes off. You could also buy a better PSU; looks like a cheap one you've got there. What brand is it?
And what is connected to your UPS? Those batteries are dead pretty fast, and when they are below 1/3 or so juice the output voltage tends to get unstable. You can probably see that if you have a CRT hooked up to it.
July 15, 2009 11:05:02 AM

And why on earth are we all ranked as noobs here? Shabaa; you had a pretty decent posting score right?
!