Is it possible to install WinXP on Dell XPS L502X??

G

Hello,
I have a Dell XPS L502X and want to install Windows XP. Dell XPS comes with Windows 7 x64 bit. Would the x64 bit sata drivers work with Windows XP, or would I need to convert them to x86? Also, does Windows XP recognize sata 3 drives? I have tried installing Windows XP by changing the AHCI to ATA in the BIOS menu and XP installs perfectly but when I change it back, XP will not boot. Changing between Windows 7 and Windows XP will require changing the BIOS to/from AHCI/ATA, depending on which system you want to boot. Is there another way to install XP so it will have the correct SATA drivers from the installation so I wouldn't have to go back and forth changing the BIOS setting? I tried installing with the SATA drivers on drive A (floppy disk) with no success. Please help.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Which does not answer his question.

You can install XP on the L502 and it will run, however your wifi/audio and other components will not work, and your video will be restricted to the basic windrvr. There are currently no Win XP drivers available for these components specific to this generation of Dell products and the Win 7 drivers provided for your l502 will not work with XP. Sadly, it is extremely unlikely there will ever be any 'official' XP drivers from dell/MS/component manufacturers for the l502.

TRENDING THREADS