Prithvijain

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hello,my hp usb flash drive v235w 8gb is having a problemm....And the problem is wen i insert it its showing INSTALLING DRIVERS SOFTWARE but its not detecting my PENDRIVE......And once i got detected but the disk space was empty and showing INSERT DISK.....and then second time the same problem of not DETECTING THE DEVICE.....So whats the problem....Exactlyy....Bought before a month.....Pls Replyy sooon

As per your explanation, it seems that it is corrupted. Usb drive is a common place to be affected by Viruses. so always install an anti-virus while accessing internet and other files.

Format it with Dos prompt. But formatting will remove all the files like video and other multimedia files. So if you want to recover them then install a Photo Recovery Software. It will recover your all the videos, audios and video from the formatted usb drives.

True viruses can get on the flash drive, but they would not cause the issues with the drive not being seen. It would be a dumb virus writter that wrote a virus that disabled the device it was on instead of keeping it active to spread it more.

He also can't format the drive as it's not even being detected by the computer.

All points to a hardware error on the flash drive.

TRENDING THREADS