LOSS OF CHANNELS.

I HAVE A DISH NETWORK RECEIVER AND I CAN NOT GET ALL OF MY CHANNELS. I
HAVE THE 120 PACKAGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RETRIEVE ALL MY CAHANNELS?,

ALSO MY DISH GOES OUT WHENEVER WE HAVE HEAVY RAIN OR SNOW. IS THIS A
COMMON OCCURENCE WITH THE DISH?.

RITA
3 answers Last reply
More about loss channels
  1. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    Rita wrote:

    > I HAVE A DISH NETWORK RECEIVER AND I CAN NOT GET ALL OF MY CHANNELS. I
    > HAVE THE 120 PACKAGE. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RETRIEVE ALL MY CAHANNELS?,
    >
    > ALSO MY DISH GOES OUT WHENEVER WE HAVE HEAVY RAIN OR SNOW. IS THIS A
    > COMMON OCCURENCE WITH THE DISH?.

    First of all, turn off the caps-lock key.
    It's annoying to see everything in ALL CAPS, and is considered rude and
    "SHOUTING!"

    Second, have you contacted DISH to 1) make sure your card has been
    activated for the type of account you asked for, and 2) called the
    installer to ask the same thing AND to make sure it's properly aligned?

    Lastly, yes. HEAVY snow accumulation and/or rain cloud cover can indeed
    block the signal.
    Check to see what your signal strengh is on all satellites you are
    aiming at _on a clear day_.

    If they ain't all in the high 90's, then something is wrong.
    Have the installer aim the damned thing properly.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    sorry about th caps, but i have a visual impairnent, pleas forgive my
    using the cps. won't happen again.

    i have called dish network, and they ran me throght a systems test over
    the phone, did not work, so an installer is coming to my home next week
    to check the dish. it is out of aignment, i can already see that.

    tthanks for you help cronk.

    rita
  3. Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv (More info?)

    Rita wrote:

    > sorry about th caps, but i have a visual impairnent, pleas forgive my
    > using the cps. won't happen again.
    >
    > i have called dish network, and they ran me throght a systems test over
    > the phone, did not work, so an installer is coming to my home next week
    > to check the dish. it is out of aignment, i can already see that.

    Hope that cures the problem.
    But, once the dish is aimed and you have good signals everywhere,
    CAREFULLY mark the dish's settings with a felt tip pen on all three
    parts.
    Elevation, azimuth, and skew. just in case it gets whacked again.

Satellite TV Home Theatre