gerald

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

A few weeks ago I loaded a spyware killer, Search &
Destroy. After running it a couple times I noticed that
at least two spyware programs appear in my registry. I do
not have a copy of my original registry. (I know now how
to and will make a copy of them if they can be restored)
Which leads to my question. Using the spykiller, can I
remove the spyware from the registry without causing a
problem? Can I reload the original registry from the
factory disks, someplace online, or would I have to do a
complete restoration? After I purchased this computer,
about two years ago, I did make an XP boot and XP startup
disk. Will they help? If anyone can help with
information, please do. Thanks. Gerald

Spybot Search & Destroy has a feature which will make backups of anything it
cleans/fixes, in case you don't like the results. Read the instructions for
the software. And no, you cannot get the "original" registry from the
factory disks. Forget the idea.