excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
i7 950
Asus Sabertooth
Kingston HyperX 6GB 1600 RAM..........
EVGA 470GTX

Cant figure out 2 things

1) Upon Startup Asus stops me dead in my tracks with a MemOK screen , hit F1 to continue,,,,,,,,,,
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS screen,the book says unplug and wait 20 seconds which I did but to no avail ???

2) ASUS offers me an INTEL Extreme Tuning utility which I downloaded
and since Im not an overclocker it seems like it would do some tweaking automatically for me
however it wont autotune....it says I need to enable Watchdog.......Where is this watchdog ?@!

So far im digging my PC upgrades from my Core2duo 3 year old system....TY tomshardware for
assisting me with the hardware picks.......

excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Overclock via the BIOS

Your MEMOK seems to indicate that your default memory settings are not working. What does the screen say?

If you really want to ignore the error instead of figuring it out, boes your BIOS Boot Settings Configuration menu have a "Wait for 'F1' if Error" menu item that you can disable (my Asus MB does)?

comes up on every restart
IMG00236.jpg

excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I will try to SAVE a profile.....but it suggests (in the ASUS forum) that the MOBO looses all power when turned off (green light goes out) but thats not the case with mine -

after messing around in BIOS. I made a few changes than F10......and noticed none of my changes saved
They always revert back to default.........Weird.....Im thining either Im nutz or my MOBO has issues
and wont save anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :(

excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010

nope..........I tried........when I go to BIOS and try to boot from removable device (USB w memtest on it)
it boots from HD and does not want to take my enable/disable info

In otherwords.........I think this MOBO is screwed ! Every dang bit of info I try to change comes
back to the defaults......it does not seem to want to save anything other than the defaults
:fou:

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
does it keep time??? if not might be a battery problem. Also check to see if there is a jumper setting to reset the bios usually there is no jumper on the pins but I did have a mainboard come new out of the box with a jumper on the reset.