What grhpics card shoul i buy

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I think those are both great cards. However, which ever one you pick will become obsolete in a matter of days. I've run both NVidia and ATI and i've been pleased with the performance on both cards. As of right now, i'm running 2x 8800GT's SLI and the performance is great.

So it's really personal preference...

If it I had to choose the best based on maximum performance because the ATI could beat the pants off NVidia with some multimedia applications, and totally suck ballz compared to NVidia in others...

However, if i had to choose, i would say at this moment, the ATI card only because there seems to be more support in both AMD and Intel camps. For example: I'm still waiting on an SLI board that's AM3 only with DDR3 support...

AJ

SHUTUP

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
so you think i should go with the HD4850X2 even that the most games today don't
support on double core ?

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007

when most people talk about games not supporting multiple cores, they mean CPU cores not graphics cores. They are two different things. As for the card you can go with either card. I personally prefer Nvidia.

SHUTUP

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
yeah but can you explain why he is better maybe some benchmarks or explaneiton
about the prefomance of both cards ?

jennyh

Splendid
The 4850x2 is a faster card than the 275gtx in most benchmarks. You have to set up crossfire properly and basically have a little bit of a clue then it should be a better card. There isn't *that* much between them however, and some games still don't scale brilliantly with xfire.

At that level, it's not so much what is better as what is cheaper and what resolution you game at.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Google maybe?

randomizer

Champion
It's hard to help when you have provided zero information other than the names of the cards. The ball is in your court. You can give us some information about the rest of your system and what games and settings you want to play at or you can simply accuse us of not helping.

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
+1 to those 2 post ...

Asi told .... Tell us about your entire computer ... and the resolution your using....

How can we help you if your not helping yourslef.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jackass

...maybe you should study up and learn a bit there scrub....bought my card without creating one thread...learned as much as i needed to know that it was perfect for my system....all with...GOOGLE

GTX 260 216 vs 192...GTX 260 vs ATI 4870....GTX 260 Far cry 2....get the idea? Hell i even found benchmarks on my old processors with the card to get a general idea how it would perform.....don't be a lazy little troll...do your homework