Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

AMD x4 Phenome 955 BE 3.2ghz idel temp??

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
a c 159 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 14, 2009 7:51:56 PM

They vary widely. It all depends on your motherboard bios and cpu heatsink. I'd say 40-60c is ok for a quad core.
July 14, 2009 7:54:40 PM

i read 62 degrees is the max temp for this cpu, am i wrong? so around 40 idel and upto 60 on load?
Related resources
July 14, 2009 10:39:57 PM

TurkzZ said:
i read 62 degrees is the max temp for this cpu, am i wrong? so around 40 idel and upto 60 on load?


Mine are 44-45 idel
and 55 on load
(had same temps when it was 3.2)
July 14, 2009 10:55:16 PM

i got a few air flow issus i gota see to, mine hits 60 on pc mark tests max
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2009 11:41:39 PM

is it at stock speeds and voltage and what cooler are you using

ideal is as low as you can keep it (within budget of course)
July 15, 2009 12:08:15 AM

i have a zalman v2000 fan on it, its a small form factor case so i expect it to be a lil hotter then in a normall axt case. Theres been no over clocking, Asus has this AI overclock tin and i cant turn it off, i wish i could , always casued problems on my old pc
March 3, 2010 1:04:24 PM

I am using a stock cooler.
Overclocked to 3.6 GHz.
Temps are typically 31C - 33C.

How?
I'm using an Antec 300 with 3 120mm input fans and 1 120mm output fan (in the back) and a 140mm output fan (on top). The last 2 fans I mentioned are both near the CPU and help draw plenty of heat away from it. Also, I heat sync included with my 955 is the new design with heat pipes it works much better than the old design which i wouldn't even have considered keeping. But this one... I'm actually still deciding if I want to keep it. So far it seems to be doing quiet well. Another factor worth mentioning is the fact that I live in Minnesota and it's winter and that my computer is on the bottom floor which is tends to be quiet cool. I'm going to stress test the cpu soon and see if it can really maintane those low temps under high stress.
March 3, 2010 3:21:47 PM

i`m using a phenom II x 2 with 2 unlocked extra cores,stock cooler and on full load its around 65/70.i read somwhere that the critical temp is 85 C and on 100 C autoshutdown.
a b à CPUs
March 3, 2010 3:28:49 PM

stratoka said:
i`m using a phenom II x 2 with 2 unlocked extra cores,stock cooler and on full load its around 65/70.i read somwhere that the critical temp is 85 C and on 100 C autoshutdown.


Nope - the Max temp for most of the phenom II's is around 70 which is AMD's listed MAX temp for your 550 as well ( SEE HERE ) so once it reaches 70 it will start to shut down to protect the CPU ! (you really shouuld look into ways to get that thing cooler as your cutting it pretty close)
March 3, 2010 3:51:18 PM

dark_lord69 said:
I am using a stock cooler.
Overclocked to 3.6 GHz.
Temps are typically 31C - 33C.

How?
I'm using an Antec 300 with 3 120mm input fans and 1 120mm output fan (in the back) and a 140mm output fan (on top). The last 2 fans I mentioned are both near the CPU and help draw plenty of heat away from it. Also, I heat sync included with my 955 is the new design with heat pipes it works much better than the old design which i wouldn't even have considered keeping. But this one... I'm actually still deciding if I want to keep it. So far it seems to be doing quiet well. Another factor worth mentioning is the fact that I live in Minnesota and it's winter and that my computer is on the bottom floor which is tends to be quiet cool. I'm going to stress test the cpu soon and see if it can really maintane those low temps under high stress.



i would definitely suggest running prime95 for awhile, i think you'll be surprised how high your temps get on the stock cooler, idle temps don't really tell you much. you may not NEED to go with a aftermarket HSF if you're only going to OC 400mhz though.
March 3, 2010 3:56:25 PM

Another thing to consider is whether or not Cool'n'quiet is used. With CnQ you can lower the idle temperature by 5C.


With a Corsair H50: (PhII 965 C3 at stock)

Without CnQ : 33C idle and 43C load.
With CnQ : 28C idle and 43C load.

(a side effect of having CnQ enabled is that performance drops by as much as 10%-15% in many applications and benchmarks.)



BTW: for a cheap very basic water cooling system with the same ease of use as an air cooler I recommend the Corsair H50. Of course a complete Danger Den water cooling system which also cools the VGA and NB would be even better... but that would cost a bit more than $70.00.
March 30, 2010 7:56:50 PM

JDFan said:
Nope - the Max temp for most of the phenom II's is around 70 which is AMD's listed MAX temp for your 550 as well ( SEE HERE ) so once it reaches 70 it will start to shut down to protect the CPU ! (you really shouuld look into ways to get that thing cooler as your cutting it pretty close)


I bought a new cooler and now its around 45-55 C is that too high?(not a high end cooler)
a b à CPUs
March 30, 2010 8:06:36 PM

stratoka said:
I bought a new cooler and now its around 45-55 C is that too high?(not a high end cooler)


45 - 55 C is fine !
March 30, 2010 9:01:31 PM

dark_lord69 said:
I am using a stock cooler.
Overclocked to 3.6 GHz.
Temps are typically 31C - 33C.

How?
I'm using an Antec 300 with 3 120mm input fans and 1 120mm output fan (in the back) and a 140mm output fan (on top). The last 2 fans I mentioned are both near the CPU and help draw plenty of heat away from it. Also, I heat sync included with my 955 is the new design with heat pipes it works much better than the old design which i wouldn't even have considered keeping. But this one... I'm actually still deciding if I want to keep it. So far it seems to be doing quiet well. Another factor worth mentioning is the fact that I live in Minnesota and it's winter and that my computer is on the bottom floor which is tends to be quiet cool. I'm going to stress test the cpu soon and see if it can really maintane those low temps under high stress.


Where in Minnesota? I'm in the Rochester area. It is 70F today, next 2 days will be 76F. God that is hot... :p 

Anyway, my temps range from 33C (idle) to 46C (load). Prime95 gets it up to 48C, but I'm not going to put 100% on 4 cores often at all. 46C is max temp when playing Bad Company 2 or Starcraft 2, running Photoshop CS4 in the background, music, firefox, etc. I did undervolt my 955BE to 1.184 for vCore, so that makes a big difference too. Ambient temperature is around 22C-23C.

Your temps are fine, just maximize the airflow in your case and take care of any cable management issues and you will be good to go.
October 25, 2011 5:28:27 AM

Mine idles at around 50C and when playing say F1 2011 it sits at around 80C
i do have screenshots.
stock AMD cooler
October 25, 2011 5:38:24 AM

TurkzZ said:
What should the idel temp be for the AMD x4 Phenome 955 BE 3.2ghz, and under load temp, thanks


im at 41c idle
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
October 25, 2011 5:24:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!