Sign in with
Your question

Heeeeelp plzzz!!!! format problem

Last response: in Storage
November 12, 2010 9:27:47 PM

Hi

I need to format my PC but I have e very disturbing problem.
when I restart my PC the PC canät read the DVD Disk. I don't know why. I tried many differents DVDs and three windowses lika 7 and vista. I even tryed the boost settings and none did work. Am gonna kill myself. I just bought this PC for 1 month ago.

Thanx for any usefull help !
a b G Storage
November 12, 2010 9:36:48 PM

Do you mean that you can't read the DVD from within windows, or that it doesn't boot from it at startup?
November 12, 2010 9:38:34 PM

elel said:
Do you mean that you can't read the DVD from within windows, or that it doesn't boot from it at startup?

like you said can't read the DVD from within windows at startup of the PC when I need to format!
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 12, 2010 11:46:29 PM

Is the BIOS set to boot from the dvd first?
a b G Storage
November 13, 2010 3:08:16 AM

^Exactly what I was thinking^
You need to go into BIOS by holding either delete or F2 (it should tell you what key to press on one of the first splash screens that comes up) and find an option to set boot order. Change it so that the DVD drive is first in the list, save changes, and re-boot.
a c 105 G Storage
November 13, 2010 3:19:58 AM

1. Does your BIOS see the DVD ?
2. What's the Boot priority order ?
3. Does the DVD work in another machine ?
November 13, 2010 8:16:38 AM

elel said:
^Exactly what I was thinking^
You need to go into BIOS by holding either delete or F2 (it should tell you what key to press on one of the first splash screens that comes up) and find an option to set boot order. Change it so that the DVD drive is first in the list, save changes, and re-boot.

I did that many many times and it didn't work :( 

I have Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950

ASUS P6X58D-E

6GB of RAM
1000Watt power supply
LG DVD Reader
November 13, 2010 8:20:13 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
1. Does your BIOS see the DVD ?
2. What's the Boot priority order ?
3. Does the DVD work in another machine ?

When the PC starts up with the old windows which i have within it right now, It can read the DVD who has the windows in it. But when I restart the PC It can't read it at all.
November 13, 2010 8:25:21 AM

anonymous1 said:
Is the BIOS set to boot from the dvd first?

Yes it is first and I am a 100% sure.
November 13, 2010 4:31:49 PM

Have you EVER been able to boot from a CD/DVD on this computer? Some SATA optical drives are not bootable...

The New Number Two
!