Memory card formating problem

fahim_36

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Hello,
i have 4gb sd memory card, during copying data i pulled the memory card from my laptop, now when ever insert the memory card, the pop window open with a message that you have to formate the card but when i try to formate the card then after short while the message appear that window is unable to formate it, is there any solution for the mentioned problem

fahim_36

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
The SD memory card has got corrupted. It many be corrupted due to many reasons like Pulling out of card when a read/write process is running, virus attack, capturing photos when the battery is too low etc.

In your case, it must have got corrupted due to pulling out the card when the data were being copied. Format your card from MS-Dos, if you are unable to corrupt in Windows.

After formatting you can get back some of the files like audios, videos and Photos using any third-party Photo Recovery Software.

Fahim_36

Thanks Ronald for replying, i have already tried it to formate with DOS as well as with some softwears avaliable on line but m not succeeded yet, if you have any other option please let me know, i shall wait for your response

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
There are lots of causes why memory cards gets corrupted most are human error like removing the card from a card reader while folders and files from the card are open on a computer.

If your memory card becomes corrupted, stop using it immediately. Do not format or attempt to delete any images from it.

If the card is still readable, try retrieving the files using an image recovery program. If the card is unreadable in the camera, try retrieving images by using a memory card reader.

Some recovery programs recover a wider range of files than others. They recover images, documents, mail, video, music and a variety of file formats such as bitmap, sound, animation, etc.

If you’ve lost images as well as video and audio files make sure the program you use is capable of dealing with each format you hope to recover.

Image recovery programs can be downloaded from the developer’s website, usually with a 15 – 30 day free trial period.
When images can’t be recovered and the photos or other files are of great importance to you, you can send the card to an Image Recovery Lab. Many memory card manufacturers offer recovery service for a fee of course.

If you can part with your photos, it may be less expensive to purchase a new memory card rather than send the corrupted one to a lab. If your card is still on warranty, the manufacturer may attempt photo recovery without charge.

sarika basi

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012