What mobo would you recommend for a AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor cpu

mikekazik1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I'm going to build my first desktop using this processor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688

It's an AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8ghz. I want a reliable mobo for this processor. It would be nice to have either onboard audio or a PCI slot so that I could reuse an old sound card from my P4 desktop. With respect to graphics, it would be nice if it was onboard (or if it had an AGP slot, so that I could reuse the graphics card from my P4). I want to be able to put at least 2gb of ram (preferably more) onto this mobo. What do you guys recommend?

Solution
I'm having good luck with the Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H and the same chip you want to use. It has onboard audio (Realtek ALC889A codec supporting up to 7.1 channel surround sound), onboard video (ATI Radeon HD4200) integrated in the NorthBridge (AMD785G) with HDMI, DVI-D and D-Sub outputs, 1 PCI-e x16 slot, 1 PCI-e x 1 slot, and 2 PCI slots, onboard networking, more USB2.0 ports than you could probably ever use, 4 DDR2 memory slots w/ dual channel support and memory overclocking up to 1200 MHz, and can be used for any AMD CPU up to and including the Phenom II.

If you have used MLB.TV premium, this setup will deliver a picture at the highest picture quality setting without freezing. If you haven't, this takes a LOT of graphics and CPU...

scarhart

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I'm having good luck with the Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H and the same chip you want to use. It has onboard audio (Realtek ALC889A codec supporting up to 7.1 channel surround sound), onboard video (ATI Radeon HD4200) integrated in the NorthBridge (AMD785G) with HDMI, DVI-D and D-Sub outputs, 1 PCI-e x16 slot, 1 PCI-e x 1 slot, and 2 PCI slots, onboard networking, more USB2.0 ports than you could probably ever use, 4 DDR2 memory slots w/ dual channel support and memory overclocking up to 1200 MHz, and can be used for any AMD CPU up to and including the Phenom II.

If you have used MLB.TV premium, this setup will deliver a picture at the highest picture quality setting without freezing. If you haven't, this takes a LOT of graphics and CPU horsepower. I got mine in a bundle with the same processor for $135 from Tiger Direct, but I'm sure you can find it from quite a few sources. MB alone was $80.

Solution

chrissmartin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
i am also going to buy AMD ATHLON II X2 240.i am also going to buy a motherboard.please help me choose a motherboard that has DDR2 667 SUPPORT,nvidia gforce 8300 chipset that has low price