Sign in with
Your question

***ENUF horsepwer??***

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 2, 2009 6:57:12 AM

Hey everyone! :D  I'm a laptop musician trying to squeeze as much show as possible out of myself and all my "toys" with my laptop obviously been the steam engine here. My question is since live has to be as STABLE AS POSSIBLE... no hiccups while I'm doing other stuff (guitar, vox, flute, etc) does my laptop have ENUF horsepower for what I want to do?

Specs for Acer 6930G first:
Core 2 Duo T6400 2gHz
4 gigs ram 677 DDR2
1366 x 768 rez
GeForce 9600M GS built in card w/ 512 megs

The reason for video card is because I want run multi-track wav files AND video at the same time. More details for you techies have have stayed with me here:

Cakewalk Sonar LE - Running 6-8 stereo 48kHz audio tracks simultaneously (no plugins/ synths just wav's)

AND i want to run a pre-made avi/mpg video file during each song as visuals (HDMI & VGA ports running to two 22" flat screens behind me). Native rez a problem?

Am I asking too much? The audio tracks are pretty light load, but is the video too much as well for that card? Any advice if I have the headroom for this? Remember this is live, so I cant have hiccups in the audio.

More about : enuf horsepwer

May 2, 2009 3:51:25 PM

i would think that it should be fine...only way to know for sure is to try it. things may be good on paper..but we all know it may not be the case in the real world.
!