SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ....HELP!!

Does anyone know how to DELETE unused items in the
StartUp section of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY????

I don't just want them DISABLED .. i know I can uncheck
them and they won't start, but I want them gone
completely from the list.
2 answers Last reply
More about system configuration help

    Visit here:

    148. Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1428d01c444bb$560640c0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
    rob <mrwarlord@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:

    "rob" <mrwarlord@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to DELETE unused items in the
    >StartUp section of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY????

    Entries you have disabled with MSCONFIG.EXE are found in the Registry
    keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
    Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
    You can safely delete the entries from here.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP