SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ....HELP!!

May 28, 2004 10:54:46 AM

Does anyone know how to DELETE unused items in the
StartUp section of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY????

I don't just want them DISABLED .. i know I can uncheck
them and they won't start, but I want them gone
completely from the list.

More about : system configuration

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 6:47:17 PM

Visit here:

148. Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1428d01c444bb$560640c0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
rob <mrwarlord@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Does anyone know how to DELETE unused items in the
> StartUp section of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY????
>
> I don't just want them DISABLED .. i know I can uncheck
> them and they won't start, but I want them gone
> completely from the list.
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 10:57:37 PM

"rob" <mrwarlord@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to DELETE unused items in the
>StartUp section of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY????

Entries you have disabled with MSCONFIG.EXE are found in the Registry
keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
You can safely delete the entries from here.

--
(tm)
!