Strange symptoms, PSU?

Athrox

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I built my first computer 1 year ago, all went well till now.

Yesterday I was playing a game, listening to music, when my headphones suddently made distorion noise, then weird high-pitched sounds, then distortion, then 1 sec blue-screen, then reboot.

Today, while browsing, my monitor turned completely black and my PC rebooted.

I think my crappy PSU would be the problem, but was wondering if my UPS could cause that too.

PowerUp 800 Watt PSU (couldn't find the official site, only dozen of "my psu is dead" forum posts)

Tripp Lite AVR550U UPS

Config :
M2N-SLI Mobo
Athlon 64 X2 3.2 GHz
250 Gts video
1 HD
Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance =)

Athrox

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Yes, I'll do that, but if that doesn't work, is it necessarily the PSU or could my CPU / Mobo be the problem?

Athrox

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I plugged my PC right into the wall 3h ago and haven't got a problem yet, lets give it more time.

I read my Mobo manual and rechecked my connections, everything seems OK.

Just done that, passed 1 time, but I did that 3 month ago and let it run over night, passed like 6 times, no errors.

So, excluding RAM, could a deffective CPU / Mobo / GPU cause theses weird random crashes (remember the distortion and high-pitched noise) or would the PSU really be the problem if the crashes happen again?

Athrox

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

Runned it for 1h, 0 errors, 0 warnings. Here's a screeshot of my temps just before stopping it.
Btw, what is the "true" CPU temp, the one reported by my motherboard or the 2 core temps?

sanstitrebvs.jpg

I'll run rthdribl to stress my GPU a bit and post the results.
EDIT : Ran it 1680x1050 for 1h, GPU idled at 67 degree and 55% fan duty cycle (full load).

Athrox

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Just got another case of noise+BSoD+reboot with my pc plugged right into my wall, would you say it's now time to buy another PSU?