Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OC'ing Advice needed for locked multiplier AMD

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2011 12:56:14 AM

Need Help getting a stable overclock on my system, any advice greatly appreciated.

System specs

CPU-AMD Athlon II X2 250
Cooler-CoolerMaster Hyper 212 plus
MOBO-ASUS M4A-785-M
RAM-4 GB OCZ GOLD PC6400-800Mhz
GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD4830
storage- 2 500GB WD Blue Raid-0
PSU-CoolerMaster 460W

I am under the impression that OC'in on a locked chip involves adjusting the system referrence clock, voltage and memory timings
The issue I am having is the highest i can set my refference without BSOD's is +20=220 X15 (locked)=3300Mhz, Has not failed realtime but prime95 says unstable after 2-3 hours
225 will load windows but BSOD in short time, 230 fails immediatly upon saving and exiting BIOS. ANY core voltage adjustmets will fail upon saving and exiting BIOS and I cannot find anything in BIOS in regards to adjusting my memory timing or speed atall.
I dont believe my Issues are thermal, speedfan indicates 20C idle and 31c under full load which is actually less than the idle temp W/ stock cooler.
I have heard many people gt this chip into the 3.75Ghz range and I would like to be there aswell, any ideas?

Best solution

January 2, 2011 1:44:07 AM

Lower the ram frequency...or increase the voltage & loosen timings.

Change Dram Frequency to 1 lower in the in bios - 533 to 400 for example
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2011 1:48:52 AM

On my board all of my OC settings are in Jumperless Configuration. As I stated in my post ANY voltage changes in BIOS cause an immediate crash upon save and exit of BIOS. I have explored every path in my BIOS and cannot find any settings that allow me to change my memory timings
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2011 6:01:06 AM

I flashed my BIOS and got access to memory frequency controls, set it back 1 speed and Set my referrence clock to 240Mhz. This got me to 3.6 Ghz (from 3.0Ghz)and my RAM is back at 800Mhz (stock) I am running auto VCORE fluctuating between 1.37 and 1.41. Temps are 30c Idle and 42c full load, all seems well. Does this sound good to you guys ?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 2:25:47 AM

Best answer selected by CMI86.
!