Cannot Remove an Installed Program for a PCI Modem

I have un-installed the device driver for a PCI modem and physically
removed the PCI modem from my PC. But I still see one of the program
related to that PCI modem showing up in the "Change/Remove Programs"
list in Control Panel. The program is called:

"Conexant HCF V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem"

Doesn't matter how many times I I have clicked at the <Change/Remove>
button next to that program, I still cannot remove it. The entry of
that program name simply blinks once and nothing else happens.

Can someone show me how to remove it? Does it matter if I leave it
there?

I ask this because I am having a problem with my new USB V92 modem
(uses COM3), and a Beyond-TV program (uses COM1). Therefore, I need to
rule out as many possible cause as possible.

Thanks.

Jay Chan
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot remove installed program modem

    jaykchan@hotmail.com (Jay Chan) wrote:

    >I have un-installed the device driver for a PCI modem and physically
    >removed the PCI modem from my PC. But I still see one of the program
    >related to that PCI modem showing up in the "Change/Remove Programs"
    >list in Control Panel. The program is called:
    >
    > "Conexant HCF V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem"
    >
    >Doesn't matter how many times I I have clicked at the <Change/Remove>
    >button next to that program, I still cannot remove it. The entry of
    >that program name simply blinks once and nothing else happens.
    >
    >Can someone show me how to remove it? Does it matter if I leave it
    >there?

    You can delete the entry from the list by editing the Registry at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
    As long as you do not run in problems with your new modem/software, no
    further action is required.

    --
    (tm)

    > You can delete the entry from the list by editing the Registry at
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
    > As long as you do not run in problems with your new modem/software, no
    > further action is required.

    I have got around this problem by re-installing the device driver for
    the PCI modem and then un-install it. Thanks for the tip anyway; that
    may come in handy next time something similar happens.

    I still don't know why the problem occurred when the first time I
    uninstalled it but not re-surface when the second time I uninstall it.
    But I am glad that it is gone.

    Jay Chan

    jaykchan@hotmail.com (Jay Chan) wrote:

    >I have got around this problem by re-installing the device driver for
    >the PCI modem and then un-install it. Thanks for the tip anyway; that
    >may come in handy next time something similar happens.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration PCI Modem Windows XP