danielfede

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Here's my problem:

i get into ATI catalyst control center, either advanced or easy setup, when i try to set adual monitor interface... well i neeed two displys, which i have: my tv and my screen. But i just cant set them up at the same time. There are two little boxes where you're supossed to drop the tv's or the screen's image and they will work in a dual monitor setup.

Box #2 is not available, it just shows up itself as gray and nothing can be done. If i click the second screen on the dual setup it asks me if i want to enable it, if i click yes my main screen just goes black for a second or 2 and then nothing happens again.

At desktop > Properties its just the same, i click enable secondary device and the screen flashes black and the "enable secondary device" box unchecks again on its own.

I really want to do this dual monitor setup as i like to watch videos or play videogames at the tv while i chat or work at my main screen. Thats something that at least i could do with my old laptop.

For further detail:
ATI HD2600PRO 256mb ddr3
TV via S-Video
Monitor via DVI adapted to VGA
Catalsy driver version: 8.591.0.0
Catalyst control center version: 2009.0225.1546.28221

Please if you need more info and are willing to help me ill give it all out if i hadnt already. Thanks to those who at least read it :)

Almost forgot: Also tried with ultramon, results: nothing.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
What type of cables are you using? Is the tv on and set to the right input before you try enabling the display. I run a three monitor setup. The steps you are going thru seem correct but if the card cant detect the display then it wont enable.

danielfede

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009

The monitor is connected with a dvi to VGA adapter to the dvi port
The tv is connected in the S-Video port with a S-Video to RCA cable.

Both screens are dettected and i can even do quick screen switch with a short cut i made for this. I do play games at my Tv and watch videos, but i can not use both displys at the same time, I've got no ideas left on what to do.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Does your TV have any other type of input besides S-Video. I beleive that may be part of your problem. I seem to vaguely remember something about the S-Video port not being the same as the two plug on the card (DVI/VGA/HDMI). Try switching the monitor to the other plug then trying the S-video at the same time. If your tv has any other input besides S-Video then use that...

danielfede

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
S-video and RCA kind cables are analog.
Vga outputs are digital.

i dont know if that is something to worry about, but it shouldnt as the card supports boths very well.

My TV is pretty old, it doesnt even have an S-Video cable, The s-video cable is connected to the video card, but it has an adapter to RCA connector

Sorry, i dont get what you're trying to say :(

TRENDING THREADS