Quickboost not showing in easytune6?

hankmarvin

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hello, I have recently built a PC and have a Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P (rev. 2.3) motherboard. But when I start easytune the quick boost buttons don't appear in the Tuner, can anyone help please. I have a phenom 9850 Black Edition.

hankmarvin

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
NO NOT THE BIOS!, I'm not confident entering the dreaded realm of THE BIOS!. I know jack sh*t about when it comes to adjusting anything manually, that's why I liked the idea of just clicking a button that some expert had previously configured. The last time I touched anything in the BIOS, which was just to disable the CPU lock the computer wouldn't even boot, just a black screen and no signal to the monitor and I had to reinstall Windows!. Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to use it because my 1066 RAM is only running at 800 for some reason and I was hoping the Gigabyte Easytune6 would have fixed that for me.

finesse_57

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010

It's the third tab along, which are just below the window title. All it does is adjust the Bclk. You'll have to go into advanced mode(nowhere near as complex as bios screens) to adjust the memory with the slider feature.
Nick

I never trust click a button for a OC, it often doesnt work or isnt stable, or gives the CPU to much voltage.

In the Bios for Gigabyte boards I will walk ya through this. This is just to change memory speed. You will need to know the timing of your RAM and the voltage.

Press Delete on start enter the BIOS, press control-F1 then open the Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker. Scroll down to System Memory Multiplier. Change the memory multiplier until the Memory Frequency says 1066, on my screen it would be a 4.00 multi. Below that Where it says DRAM timing selectable change AUTO to MANUAL, and for the timings you will need to put in what your timings are, in my case they are 5-5-5-15. Scroll down some more to system voltage control and switch it from AUTO to MANUAL. DDR2 voltage starts at 1.8 volts, so depending on your RAM you may need as much as +0.4 which is 2.2 volts. After that press F10 save and exit and you are done.

Your BIOS may differ slightly but the concept is the same, Even if you change your memory frequency in windows you still need to know the timings and voltages.

hankmarvin

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

Thank you so much for that. Sorry for the time it took me to respond. My motherboard suddenly stopped working entirely and i had to send it back for a replacement which has taken so long that I gave up waiting and bought another one, this one is a ASUS M4N82 Deluxe. It looks like a much better spec and the reviews have been great and it suits my needs down to the ground. It was SO hard to find though, I ended up buying one second hand on ebay, let's hope it works hey!. I lost all my account details, my usernames, passwords everything, KNIGHTMARE.
OK, your guide, it should still apply to the new board right or is that just applicable to Gigabyte?...
And the volts, do I just add 0.01 V at a time ?...and if I need to add more will the system just not boot?, what do I do then, just press reset and get back to the BIOS then try again?...
Oh and because my CPU is an AM2+, will I still be able to use 1066Mhz, my manual says that it will reduce down to 800Mhz if I use four sticks because of the CPU limitations. At the moment I have only got 2 sticks but I am thinking of getting another two if I can benefit from them. I just posted a question asking about that in the memory section.