Sign in with
Your question

Any one here has the Seagate 1TB 7200.12 ST31000528AS Drive?

Last response: in Storage
November 14, 2010 9:44:09 PM

Hi, If so, just a simple question, does it have a loud seeking noise when reading or writing data (or sometimes at idle)? mine does a loud seeking noise, mmm not loud literally but my old 320GB WD was quiet when seeking compared to this seagate!

Thnx.
November 14, 2010 9:46:30 PM

Also I have upgraded my firmware but the same.
November 14, 2010 11:37:40 PM

Yep I have the exact same drive it died on me and i ended up getting a replacement drive. If it is loud I recommend downloading sea tools and running a smart test on it. my drive was very loud when i did anything on it I ran sea tools and it said it was going to fail so I backed it up and sent it in to Seagate for a replacement. Here is sea tools http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seat...
Related resources
January 7, 2011 1:12:20 PM

Mine is very loud, it thumps along. There's no clicking though, only upon shutdown and just the occasional grinding when its doing something intensive.
If you want a good seagate, try the 320GB model, runs about 5c cooler and quieter.
a c 289 G Storage
January 7, 2011 1:16:59 PM

If you don't have a recent backup, make one quickly. Otherwise, the thing that goes thump in the case is likely to eat your data.
!