Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 Question

Thersites

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Hello there,

First of, my english is not the best, so please excuse if something is hard to unterstand. ; )

I am new to this, i hope that i am not violating any rules with this post.
Searching sure would give me an answer to my question, but well.. i already got problems writing this..

Question:

My Graphics Card is broken, so i need a new one. My VIA K8N Mainboard is only for AGP cards, and i want to keep it. My research on the net revealed to me, that -Sapphire Radeon HD 3850- is the best available AGP card today. I hope that this is not outdated.

My CPU, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ is quit fast, for my estimation. The problem is, i heard that a CPU/ GPU should be equally good, because one of them would slow down the other one and so on.. bottleneck, whatever.

Question is: Whould there be a better card for my CPU, or should i buy a new board and get a PCIe Card.
Will this card work fine with the CPU, without one of them slowing down the other to much?

Thank you in anticipation.

Thersites

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Thank you, Zipzoom. That is what i hoped.
I would still be nice for me to hear other opinions on this.

Another small question: My old card was a 7600GT. Will that be a noticable upgrade?

ryan5rd

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
definatley, the 3850 is a great card, the only game that I cant play on max is crysis right now, you'll see a great improvement from your 7600

Yes it will be a good upgrade, You will notice the performance differance easily, also it uses a differant shader model than the 7600 so some games could look a bit differant as well.
I played Crysis for example and the cut video scenes were totally differant on the 3850.

Mactronix