Blue screen

Hi people, so ive bult my self a pc for the first time last week with the intention of using it for gaming. One thing i wanted to do was overclock it.

Im using asus P7P55D-E Intel which by reviews was great for overclocking.

So with that board you was was given a tool called asus turbo V evo which enables you to either manually or automatically overclock your cpu and/or memory.

Now i only chose the cpu to oc but since then i get a blue screen saying "memory management error" now clearly something is up with my memory but any ideas why?

Hope you can help, thanks!

P.s. sorry if in wrong forum
8 answers Last reply
More about blue screen
  1. I'm not a big fan of auto overclocking tools and I'm wondering if turbo V screwed up some settings. I would try to reset back to stock setting and see if that fixes things. If that fixes the problem then you can overclock it again, probably manually.
  2. Hi.

1- Agree with jprahman, those "Auto" ovreclock tools aren't very good.
    2- List all your specs for give you a better advice.
  3. Im running:

i5 750 Lynnfield
    4gb ddr3 ocz 1666mhz
    samsung 1tb hdd
    asus P7P55D-E
    win7 pro edition

The problem wit the auto clock is that first isnt doesnt give you the option to go back to stock setting and secondly, when i try to reduce the bclk frequency my pc gets a blue screen.

The OC specs are:

BCLK Frequency: 192mhz (multipler 19)
    CPU Voltage 0.85
    IMC Voltage: 1.25
    DRAM Bus voltage: 1.65
  4. Disable Turbo Boost, after that try again.
  5. CPU voltage of 0.85 with a BCLK of 192? That seems wrong.
  6. Sorry that programme isnt very good at displaying volatges, its 1.25v
  7. I have taken out one stick of ram and now its running fine, could be be the slow which is the problem, might sound silly but is there a specific slot for the each one maybe if the ram works as a pair?
  8. Can you remove the current stick and install the 1st one removed stick?
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Blue Screen