Asus P5QC Express gate not installed, cant boot pc

YARR212

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Hello, first I would like to apologize for my orthograph im french canadian so my english isnt so good :(

I tried to boot my computer yesterday , and nothing appeared on the screen, power seemed to work great, all my vents
were on, and the little green light on my motherboard was on too, but my mouse, keyboard and monitor wouldnt respond.

I dont know how it happened but today i have turned on my computer succesfully. The first thing that appeared on the screen was Express gate not installed error. So I reinstalled my drivers then at the end of the day i turned it off. But today, same problem and this time I cant get it to turn on again.

I have a

Asus p5QC motherboard
Intel duo core 3.0g processor
ATI 4870 (512mb) DDR5 video card
OCZ 4g DDR2 dual channel kit memory

plz help me out im kinda noob with hardware. thx in advance.

Arahant

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I am having the same problems as the OP. I built a core i7 system with an ASUS P6T MB and 6GB of OCZ Gold RAM. Express Gate has worked fine until recently it displays an error that it is "not installed". Then the system proceeds to tell me that it cant find the operating system and i need to reboot. Sometimes though it gives me the Express Gate error and then it can boot windows. I have also been having problems with my system randomly freezing since day one. I believe this is also MB related because i have tested the RAM extensively and i really doubt the i7 is bad. Any help would be much appreciated.

Arahant

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Yeah Warz, I did get it figured out. It turns out it was faulty hardware. The Express Gate/Booting problem was due to a bad Hard Drive(WD Caviar), and the freezing was due to a bad Motherboard(ASUS P6T). I RMA'd the MB first, which did not fix the booting problem, so i RMA'd the HD and it booted normally and hasn't frozen since. On a side note, I have had 3 Caviar HD fail me. I am not to happy with the caviar series, i plan to upgrade to a raptor or SSD. Good luck!!

Warz

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Thanks a lot for your reply! I might just have to send the computer in to have broken parts replaced then. It's amazing though, once the computer has first started (which is basically pure luck) it can run fine for hours and hours, then suddenly start freezing and even just go completely into "black screen nothing happens" modus. Good luck with your Caviar HD issue!

TRENDING THREADS