Computer won't restart

May 28, 2004 1:36:58 PM

After selecting restart the computer closes down, the
computer begins the booting process but doesn't fully
boot. I will see a blinking curser in the upper left hand
corner of the monitor for a couple of seconds then a blank
screen. The computer will just hang there and do
nothing. It appears that the booting process does not
check the drives.

More about : computer restart

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 9:48:18 PM

Hi

Have you pressing F8 after a reboot to see if 'Last Known Good
Configuration' will help? It not try a System Restore from Safe Mode -
again using F8. Failing that a 'Repair' install of XP is the next step.
The following article by MVP Michael Stevens will help you:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Brian Wharton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After selecting restart the computer closes down, the
| computer begins the booting process but doesn't fully
| boot. I will see a blinking curser in the upper left hand
| corner of the monitor for a couple of seconds then a blank
| screen. The computer will just hang there and do
| nothing. It appears that the booting process does not
| check the drives.
March 5, 2009 8:34:05 AM

Thats what my computer is doing. It won't go anywhere at all.
March 5, 2009 8:38:49 AM

Also my dvd player is not being read so I can't use the disc.