Computer won't restart

After selecting restart the computer closes down, the
computer begins the booting process but doesn't fully
boot. I will see a blinking curser in the upper left hand
corner of the monitor for a couple of seconds then a blank
screen. The computer will just hang there and do
nothing. It appears that the booting process does not
check the drives.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer restart

    Hi

    Have you pressing F8 after a reboot to see if 'Last Known Good
    Configuration' will help? It not try a System Restore from Safe Mode -
    again using F8. Failing that a 'Repair' install of XP is the next step.
    The following article by MVP Michael Stevens will help you:

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Brian Wharton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | After selecting restart the computer closes down, the
    | computer begins the booting process but doesn't fully
    | boot. I will see a blinking curser in the upper left hand
    | corner of the monitor for a couple of seconds then a blank
    | screen. The computer will just hang there and do
    | nothing. It appears that the booting process does not
    | check the drives.
  2. Thats what my computer is doing. It won't go anywhere at all.
  3. Also my dvd player is not being read so I can't use the disc.

Configuration Computers Microsoft Windows XP