Set up/safe mode issues

mikey887

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hello,
i am having problemswith my pc. i tried reloading windows xp. the computer wont finish the set up and goes to reboot. i want to go to safe mode (which i origanlly was able to) but with being in th3 middle of set up, i can no longer start in safe mode.setup recognized and cannot start in safe mode so automatically shuts down and reboots. how can i shut off set up. i have tried stopping from all stages in the setup procdeure with no luck. is there some other way to shut off set up so i can getg into safe mode?

You can't use safe mode without completely installing windows first. Make sure all overclocks are turned off. Get a copy of memtest86 and check the ram. Also, it will help if you can temporarily slave this drive to another computer and delete all partions from the drive, then put it back in your computer and try installing windows again. Bad ram or a corrupted hard drive can wreak havoc with windows installations.

mikey887

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i actually had a windows set up, but was trying to repair it. my computer wouldnt reboot so each time it went to automatically reboot, it turned into a cycle, never restarting.