How to segue between tracks with WMP

March 23, 2005 1:59:13 PM

I used WMP 10 on Windows XP to rip a CD to WMA; when I play back the CD or
the ripped version, the tracks segue into one another, which is as intended -
there are no intervals between tracks.

However, when I sync this to my IPaq (Windows Mobile 2003), on playback
there is a very annonying break between tracks - effectively this is a pause
in the music, as the music is meant to merge from one track to the next. I
have created a playlist for the album (asx file), but I can't see any
properties I can set to segue the tracks, even when I edit the file in
notepad.

Please can anyone help?

Is the only alternative to get a WMA editor to physically combine the wma
files into one? If so, can anyone recommend such an editor (preferably free)?
Or perhaps I should use a different media player?

More about : segue tracks wmp

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:32:37 PM

Adrian,

Unfortunately, seamless playback is not one of the supported features on any
released versions of WMP Mobile. We are working on getting this
functionality into one of the future versions of the player.

--
Alex Zambelli [MSFT]
WMP Mobile Test Team

!