Where are the LGA 1155 Motherboards???

Techno-boy

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Hi,

I was waiting very long for this less spoken Intel's LGA 1155 Socket that Intel claimed to have it in their hands. There are also images showing the comparison between LGA 1156 socket (Lynnfield) and LGA 1155 socket and they seem to have only 1 pin different. Based on some rumors, what is so special with LGA 1155 socket is that Intel's future micro-architecture Sandy-Bridge would use the concept of LGA 1155 so it would not be wrong to go with LGA 1155 motherboards but I still don't see any sign of LGA 1155 motherboards except for the rumors and images of LGA 1155 socket that Intel demonstrated in the early months. I was predicting that Intel P57 motherboards would be using LGA 1155 but then I found out that I was wrong especially when I saw the spec of ASUS's P7P57 motherboards that were already shown at Computex 2009 which would still be another LGA 1156 motherboards. Some rumors also claimed that it looks like Intel does not know how to make a socket anymore and does not want people to use its new socket like LGA 1156 socket for more than 6 months or 1 year and that LGA 1156 motherboards might be obsolete very quickly. This is the reason why I think that LGA 1155 socket is the way to go and I also predict that it might future proof us more than LGA 1156 or maybe my prediction is just wrong. If the rumors and my prediction are correct then we might be able to upgrade to Sandy Bridge processors by 2011 with the LGA 1155 motherboards without having to buy a new motherboard after a year which would be great and amazing. :bounce:

So where are the LGA 1155 motherboards and when would they be release??? Any ideas?? Anyone? :eek:

Techno-boy

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008

Sorry but I also prefer to ask Toms Hardware community because I wanted to hear people's opinion too rather than just the Intel regime. :pt1cable:

This could potentially be an interesting thread too. Why not? :)