Ide hardrive comes and goes in bios

matt2duo

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
ive been having this problem for a while now. i use a sata wd 250gb drive as one drive and a 80gb ide drive as a another. the problem is that i could never get any of my 4 ide hardrives which i know all work to show in the bios or windows. twice now i have somehow by luck been able to get one to show up. i only want to use one along with the sata drive and when i do get one of the ide's to work it stays working until it feels like quiting. anyhwere from like 2 months to a couple weeks. i had it working until today when i took the setup apart to install a thermaltake v1 cooler. ive tried different ide cables and differnet jumper settings on all 4 HDs. Im not a noob but not a proffesional either and would like some input or help please!!!!! P.S. i used the 80 Gb for my games esepicailly for the new medal of honor and call of duty which i cant play now :( . the cd rom is also sata so the only thing connected to the Hd is itself. ive tried other pwer connecters and still nothing. Please help

This problem can be caused by the jumper on the hard drive being set incorrectly i.e. to slave instead of master. However in your case I think the problem is probably due to the IDE hard disk controller going faulty on your motherboard. This is not uncommon.

matt2duo

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
i figured it. i updated the bios and works great now. replacing mobo soon any way with somthing a littl better for overclocking the e4300. goin for maybe 3.2gh? any suggestions