conrojo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I am setting up a Netflix streaming capability through a wireless router and a Netflix ready Samsung Blu-ray DVD player. I have determined that a dual channel router is the best for video streaming and am currently high bidder for a Netgear WNDA3700. Assuming I will win the router, I started looking at the dual router adapters and discovered that all the ones I read about run on the 2.4 Ghz channels (via spec sheets). Does this mean I will only stream on the 2.4 Ghz channels? Then why bother with a dual router? Or, do they sell adapters that are "true" dual channels thereby maintaining the 5 Ghz integrity throughout the system. Thanks for any help,
conrojo

wifila

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Have a look at the Ruckus Wireless MediaFlex product line. They actually started life as a company building wifi equipment to stream HD video content from IP TV providers in Europe. They just got a patent on their SMARTcast technology which makes this possible and just released a new line of home products that would suit your needs perfectly.

Have a look at the MediaFlex 7811 5Ghz 802.11n AP and the 7111 5Ghz 802.11n adapter (turns anything with an Ethernet port to wifi).

I hope this helps...