Sign in with
Your question

Take out Mobo to install new HSF?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2011 6:19:47 AM

I'm a newbie builder and I currently have a stock cooler on my i7 920, but I'm planning on replacing it with an aftermarket HSF. Question is do I have to remove the Mobo even though there is a space on the back of case to install the brackets? Or should I go ahead and take it out since I'll might have trouble installing the new one?

More about : mobo install hsf

a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 6:26:38 AM

No need to remove if you have the cpu window at the side of the case allowing access to the cpu heatsink bracket... just unpin the stock cooler to remove it from the mobo first by having it flat on its side with the mobo facing upwards... then turn the case to it normal position and remove the right side door to expose the back of the mobo through that window... screw in the heatsink bracket and then install the heatsink...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 12:28:57 PM

SPECOPx said:
I'm a newbie builder and I currently have a stock cooler on my i7 920, but I'm planning on replacing it with an aftermarket HSF. Question is do I have to remove the Mobo even though there is a space on the back of case to install the brackets? Or should I go ahead and take it out since I'll might have trouble installing the new one?

Your case and/or heatsink did not come with directions??
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
January 5, 2011 1:06:22 PM

^+1.

Google must also be broken in his town...maybe somewhere in China?
m
l
Related resources
!