Sign in with
Your question

SL and ATI Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2009 10:38:58 PM

Iam having problems with playing second life and heres the issues.

My PC has intel core 2 quad
8.00gb of ram
vista 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 4800 1024mb memory
core clock 750MHz
Memory clock 900MHz

While in second life recently the video card stopped running for a split second, it did this twice before giving me a warning that said the display drivers had failed or something to that effect. I installed the latest drivers for that card, then tried to sign into second life and could not get in the program crashed immediately. The only thing i can come up with that might be the issue is that SL does not like my card at all. If someone could help with what might be the problem i would greatly appreciate it.

More about : ati

May 3, 2009 11:41:50 PM

Did the game update before having these problems?

Did you update the video driver before having these problems? What driver are your running?
May 4, 2009 12:19:06 AM

yes i did a update on the game like a day before this happened. im not sure what you are asking about the driver all i know is what the site calls it which is this:

Display Driver
ATI WDM Integrated Driver
Catalyst Control Center (English Language Only)
63.6MB 9.4 4/8/2009
Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only

Related resources
May 5, 2009 2:04:03 AM

same operating system and the same drivers and graphics card.........same issue........any responce
May 5, 2009 2:20:56 AM

DEADGIRL said:
Iam having problems with playing second life and heres the issues.

My PC has intel core 2 quad
8.00gb of ram
vista 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 4800 1024mb memory
core clock 750MHz
Memory clock 900MHz

While in second life recently the video card stopped running for a split second, it did this twice before giving me a warning that said the display drivers had failed or something to that effect. I installed the latest drivers for that card, then tried to sign into second life and could not get in the program crashed immediately. The only thing i can come up with that might be the issue is that SL does not like my card at all. If someone could help with what might be the problem i would greatly appreciate it.

Just talked with SL and they say this card is not compatible with Second life and they do not support it.....so I guess we will have to revert back to the older drivers and wait for a solution or purchase new video cards
!